Everyone has the answers when it comes to obtaining happiness but no one really knows exactly how to stay happy. In my opinion, the key to staying happy is simply waking up and choosing happiness. It takes courage but it’s really that simple. You have to fight for your happiness everyday despite circumstance, feelings, emotions, people, etc. However, according to Henrik Edberg’s piece on the positivityblog.com, there are 7 other ways to maintain happiness as well and to no surprise, it starts with your thoughts.
According to Henrik, these are the 7 Habits That Will Steal Your Happiness:
1. Swimming in negative thoughts. You can’t expect positive outcomes when you’re constantly having negative thoughts.
2. Waiting for the perfect moment to do something. There will never be a perfect moment to start working towards your goals. Maintain your happiness by taking a small step forward each day.
3. Letting negative criticism get to you. Brush it off and remember that people’s actions towards you are usually how they feel about themselves and not how they truly feel about you.
4. Comparing yourself to other people. Focus on your own journey and the things that you have accomplished. You are exactly where you’re supposed to be and doing exactly what you’re supposed to be doing.
5. Not allowing yourself “me time.” It’s important to unplug and recharge.
6. Never trying anything new. You’re probably unhappy because you’re feeling stagnant and uninspired. Make changes in your routine – big or small.
7. Taking life too seriously. Live a little and enjoy the moments.
Henrik not only provided the seven bad habits that are bound to steal your joy, but he also provided things you should do instead in order to stay in your happy place.
To read Henrik’s full article + tips, click here!
What are some things you do to maintain your happiness?